Monday, October 13, 2008

A sad day at UTurn Studios...

Today we lost the eldest member of our animal family. Our kitty Wyatt passed away quietly today after a brief illness. I can't begin to express how I am feeling right now, other than sad...but this does make me think of something I wanted to share with my friends and clients. When I made the decision to become a professional pet photographer, a major part of that decision was the loss of our first cat, Purpy. He was a beautiful Snowshoe Siamese, and he was always my favorite photo subject. When we lost him to cancer, I was thankful that I had so many photos to remember him by. I wanted to share that with everyone who has had their life touched by a furry friend. Which brings me to my point...while I never, ever mind to work with an ill pet, I want to strongly encourage you to get your photos done in the good times. So many people don't realize that they want photos until their pet is already sick, and by then the animal often feels bad enough that their true personality does not shine in the photos. I want to provide you with photos that you will be able to treasure and remember your pet by for a lifetime, and the best way to do that is to photograph a happy, healthy pet. Here's one of my favorite photos that I have of Wyatt. He was a very regal, "king of the realm" kind of kitty and I think this shows that pretty well. 

No comments: